Louisville, KY Stonemasons
Internationally acclaimed, third-generation master stonemason John Henry continues his family tradition of collaborating with clients to see their projects come to fruition. In business since 1914, The Original John Henry Stonemason, Inc. is known for its expert, artisan craftsmanship.
Your Artisan Craftsman
Our veteran-owned and -operated masonry contractor in Louisville, KY, includes a talented team with more than 100 years of masonry experience. We know what it takes to improve the look of your home. We take great pride in our work and make sure all jobs are completed with the highest attention to detail.
“Colt” the dog is our CEO, along with his sidekick “Coco,” our micromanager.
- Design & Build - Stonework/brickwork in collaboration with the homeowner and/or general contractor to achieve the desired end product.
- Historic Preservation – Replicates turn-of-the-century stonework/brickwork that meets the approval of the Historic Preservation Society. We also reclaim historic hand-crafted bricks.
- Masonry Restoration – Restoration of stone and brick structures, grinding and tuckpointing, and creating a moisture barrier to protect the masonry work. Historic concrete mixed to match turn-of-the-century work.
- Concrete Projects – Proper mortar analysis to match existing concrete in the neighborhood for walkways, stairs, patios, driveways, and sidewalks.
- Chimney Repair and Caps - Installs heat shields (a patented chimney liner) to make old chimneys operational again.
In the tradition of masons of old, our talented team works with all disciplines of stone, brick, block, cement, plaster, and stucco. With a primary focus on design/build and historic preservation, The Original John Henry Stonemason, Inc. can lay block, brick, and stone or pour concrete for all types of projects.