Internationally acclaimed, third-generation master stonemason, John Henry continues his family tradition of collaborating with clients to see their projects come to fruition. In business since 1914, The Original John Henry Stonemason, Inc. company is known for its expert, artisan craftsmanship.
Best known for his masonry restoration of Victorian-era homes and landscapes in the neighborhoods of Old Louisville, the Highlands, Crescent Hill, Indian Hills and Glenview, John Henry also helps maintain stone and brick for newer homes.
Originally from Honduras, Juan Carlos comes from a generational family of masons specializing in Latin American artisanship. Together, Juan Carlos and John Henry provide the perfect balance of old world and new world stone masonry.
“Colt” the dog is our CEO, along with his sidekick “Coco”, our Micromanager.
- Design & Build - Stonework/brickwork in collaboration with the homeowner and/or general contractor to achieve the desired end product.
- Historic Preservation – Replicates turn of the century stonework/brickwork that meets the approval of the Historic Preservation Society. We also reclaim historic hand-crafted bricks.
- Masonry Restoration – Restoration of stone and brick structures, grinding and tuckpointing, and creating a moisture barrier to protect the masonry work. Historic concrete mixed to match turn-of-the-century work.
- Chimney Repair and Caps - Installs heat shields (a patented chimney liner) to make old chimneys operational again.
In the tradition of masons of old, the company works with all disciplines of stone, brick, block, cement, plaster, and stucco. With a primary focus on design/build and historic preservation, The Original John Henry Stonemason, Inc can lay block, brick, and stone, or pour concrete for all types of projects.
- Signature entryways into subdivisions and developments
- Retaining/landscape walls
- Outdoor living spaces
- Fire pits
- Dry stack
- Chimney repair
No job is too small or too large for The Original John Henry Stonemason, Inc.